The New England Aquarium is a fun place to visit… and so much more.
Check out all the ways you can connect, protect, and explore the blue planet with us.
Here are just a few of the ways you can connect with our blue planet through the New England Aquarium.
Volunteer or Work
- Paid summer teen internships or volunteering with the live blue™ Ambassadors for teens ages 14 to 18
- Volunteer opportunities in everything animal care to education for people age 16 and older
- Support field conservation through our volunteer live blue™ Service Corp for people age 18 and older
- Internships for college students, recent graduates, and people looking to change careers
- Exciting and diverse career opportunities at the Aquarium
Learn About our Blue Planet
- Pop-up workshops in Boston or Cambridge for qualifying community events (free)
- Evening public lectures at the Simons IMAX® Theatre during the Aquarium Lecture Series (free)
- Sea Squirts Preview and Sea Squirts classes at the Aquarium for children ages 12 months to 4 years (fee-based)
- Traveling STEM education programs for classrooms, school events, or camps; most classes are also available onsite at the Aquarium during field trips (fee-based)
- Harbor Discoveries interactive marine and environmental summer camps for students entering grades 4 through 10 (fee-based, scholarships available)
- Marine Biologists in Training marine science courses at the Aquarium for students in grades 7– 11 (application required, fee-based)
- Professional development (some fee-based) and our free lending library in the Teacher Resource Center at the Aquarium for educators