School vacation is here, and the world is your oyster.
Plunge into a day full of family fun in Boston at the New England Aquarium!
Whether you are looking for some hands-on learning for kids, science activities in Boston, or an opportunity to play tourist and see animals up close, the Aquarium is a great destination on Boston’s waterfront for family-friendly activities. Poke around our website and you’ll find some great tips to help you plan your Aquarium visit—including parking information, online ticketing, and FAQs.
You thought you knew northern fur seals.
Come visit the Aquarium this April school vacation and discover fur seals like never before by experiencing Life According to Fur Seals! Watch these fascinating marine mammals fly through the water and splash into your hearts.
Besides marveling at fur seals and penguins and sea turtles, there’s also a lot to do around these parts. In fact, you can make a fun day of it on and around Boston’s waterfront! Some of the fun activities to do around Central Wharf include:
- Catch a brand new super-sized film at our Simons IMAX Theatre (save money with an Aquarium/IMAX combo ticket). Pandas 3D and Oceans 3D: Our Blue Planet both launched this month!
- Take a stroll along the beautiful Harborwalk to soak in views of Boston Harbor.
- Ponder the public artwork and green spaces along the Rose Kennedy Greenway and check out the food trucks if the weather is nice (it’ll be spring one of these days, right?).
- Grab lunch or goodies at the Faneuil Hall shops and restaurants.
- Stretch your legs at Christopher Columbus Park on your way to Boston’s historic North End neighborhood.
- Tack on some history with a stop at the Boston Tea Party museum or Paul Revere House.
- Find a Hubway bike nearby and toodle around the neighborhood.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg.
But we tend to think the greatest thrills come from close encounters with the amazing ocean animals at the Aquarium!
You don’t have to take our word for it, we compiled some of our favorite images snapped by visitors below.
Instagram pics shared by visitors
Which we promptly regrammed because they’re just that awesome.
Check out this visitor’s video from Facebook.
Hooray for first visits to the Aquarium! Also 101st visits to the Aquarium!
And here are a few pics they shared on Facebook
What do you think the cownose rays feel like?
See what people are tweeting about.
So many animals. So many smiles.
And, of course, there are plenty of people snapping.
So how many animals do you see?
We’d love to see what you’re sharing on social about your visit to the Aquarium and around the neighborhood. Be sure to tag or use our filters on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and look for our filter on Snapchat. Let’s see how you have the best vacation visit ever!