Here are some of the things you can do to help our environment. We hope this list inspires you, your family and friends to take action, because our combined efforts can—and do—make a difference.
This list is also available as a pdf (332kb).
- Choose eco-friendly seafood.
- Buy local and organic produce, coffee and other household products, or try growing some of your own produce.
- Drive a fuel-efficient, low-polluting car.
- Choose to walk, bike or take public transportation whenever practical.
- Install energy-saving thermostats in your home.
- Install energy-efficient light bulbs and appliances.
- Eliminate lawn pesticides and choose native plants for your garden.
- Stay well informed and vote with the environment in mind.
- Use your consumer power— learn about the environmental practices of companies you buy from.
- Inspire your friends and family to also take action.
For more information visit:
Find ocean-friendly seafood options.
Discover more environmental actions in The Consumer’s Guide to Effective Environmental Choices.
Record your actions and see the impact.
Sign up for The Ocean Project’s monthly newsletter on ocean action.
Identify fuel-efficient vehicles and practical ways to save energy in your home.
Save energy and money by choosing energy-efficient appliances, lights, heating and cooling systems and office equipment.