Using the North Atlantic Right Whale Catalog
The Aquarium's North Atlantic Right Whale Research Program has a variety of online resources available to help visitors understand how right whales are tracked and studied. Here's a quick list of background information that is helpful when using the North Atlantic Right Whale Catalog.
Lisa Conger / NEAQ
Background on Right Whales
- How to tell one right whale from another
- Matching step by step
- Descriptions of other identifying features
- Example images of all the identifying features and codes
Moira Brown / NEAQ
Learn About Individuals
- Story of the last North Atlantic right whale hunt
- Short biographies of a few whales and family trees for those whales from photo-identification and genetics
Now you're ready to search the North Atlantic Right Whale Catalog!