How Right Whale Photoidentification Works
Individual right whales are identified by the pattern of callosity on their heads, along with a host of other natural and anthropogenic scars. See How to Identify a Right Whale for terms and details on right whales features.
- Examine callosity patterns
- Compare other identifying marks
- Learn from examples of right whale matching
- Search the Right Whale Catalog
- Review feature identification codes
- Use the DIGITS: Digital Image Gathering and Information Tracking System