- 1 6-oz. bluefish fillet, pin bones removed
- 1 15x36-inch piece of parchment paper
- 1/3 cup fennel bulb, julienne 1/3 cup leeks, white part only, julienne
- 1/3 cup carrots, julienne 1/3 cup snow peas, julienne
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. whole coriander seed, ground fine
- 1 orange, supremed
- 1 tbsp. dry vermouth
Preheat oven to 375. Take parchment paper and fold in half like a book. Draw a large half heart on the paper, with fold of the paper being the center of the heart. Cut out heart and open. Lay fennel, leeks, carrots and snow peas on parchment in center to one side of the fold.
Mix together salt, pepper and ground coriander. Sprinkle vegetables with half of seasonings. Lay bluefish on top of vegetables and season with remaining seasonings. Top with the orange supremes and sprinkle with vermouth.
Fold other side of heart over fish and starting at top, fold up both edges of parchment, overlapping folds as you move along. Once you reach the end, twist tip several times to secure. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. The fish will be done when the parchment starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate. Carefully cut the parchment open, the steam will be extremely hot.Serves 1Note: This technique will work well with most fish and is an excellent way to cook for one.