You will need
- 4 5-oz. catfish fillets
- 1 cup beer
- 3 tbsp. pureed chipotles in adobo sauce (found on Latin foods aisle)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
- canola oil for coating grill grates
In a large zip-topped bag, combine the beer, chipotles, onion, molasses, salt and vinegars. Seal the bag and shake to mix the ingredients. Add the catfish fillets and massage marinade into the fish, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
In a small saucepot, add the rice and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Heat your grill or grill pan on medium-high. While it is heating, combine the pineapple, tomato, red onion, jalapeno pepper, salt, pepper and mint in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
Brush the grill with canola oil. Remove the catfish from the bag and pat the surface dry with paper towels. Grill the fish for 3 minutes on the first side, until the surface is lightly browned. Brush with some of the marinade, flip the fish and grill 1 more minute. Serve over jasmine rice and top with the salsa.