You will need
- 1/2 dozen farm-raised oysters
- 3 tsp. champagne vinegar
- 3 tsp. oyster liquor
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped shallot
- Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 small cluster champagne table grapes or sliced red or black seedless grapes, depending on availability
Scrub and rinse the oysters well. Shuck the oysters, picking them over for shell fragments; reserve oyster liquor.
To make the mignonette, stir together vinegar, reserved oyster liquor, shallot, pepper and sugar. Let stand. Spread sea salt on two plates to hold oysters in place. Divide oysters evenly between the two plates. Stir parsley into mignonette. Spoon ¼ teaspoon mignonette over each oyster, then sprinkle with grapes.