You will need
- 4 5-oz. hybrid bass fillets, pin bones removed
- 2 12-oz. jars red currant jelly
- 1 tbsp. cooking sherry
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, large dice
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 4 tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the glaze, combine the jelly, sherry, crushed red pepper, vinegar, ginger and shallots in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand.
In a large bowl, mix the spinach, tomato and red onion. Add the raspberry vinegar and olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat broiler to high. Position rack to the upper-middle shelf. Brush the bass with the currant glaze and place on a greased baking sheet. Broil the fish for 4 minutes or until the glaze starts to caramelize. Remove from broiler and serve on top of the salad. Garnish with dried currants and parsley sprigs if desired.