You will need
- 1 side Alaska salmon (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 stalk celery, cut into thirds
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz. U.S. farm-raised sturgeon caviar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, bring 4 cups water to boil with lemons, bay leaves, peppercorns, celery, carrot, onion and garlic. Place salmon fillet in a poacher or baking dish large enough to hold the fish without overlapping and pour the liquid over the salmon. Simmer for ten minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.
While salmon is cooking, bring cream to a boil in a small pot and reduce by half. Add caviar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, remove salmon from pan and separate into four equal portions. Place salmon onto plates and spoon caviar sauce over the fish. Serve immediately.