You will need
- 4 6-oz. hybrid striped bass steaks
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups great northern white beans, dried
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 head radicchio
- 10 green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. capers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds baby spinach
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Rub striped bass with 3 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Sauté onion in saucepan in 1 tbsp. olive oil until translucent. Add beans, enough water to cover beans and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add water as needed to keep beans covered. Cook until beans are soft, about 90 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool the beans to room temperature in a shallow baking dish.
Quarter and core radicchio. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes in a 350°F oven. Cool, julienne and set aside.
Blend olives, capers, vinegar, 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and chopped parsley to make a vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix baby spinach, beans and radicchio. Add bass to salad and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Recipe by New England Aquarium chef Tim Ridge