Take a break and join Aquarium divers on a collecting expedition to the Bahamas. You will help responsibly collect colorful reef fishes and invertebrates for the Giant Ocean Tank and other tropical exhibits.
This unusual "working" vacation is open to certified divers of all levels, ages 18 and older. During this 10-day adventure, you will explore beautiful underwater sites throughout Bimini and the Berry Islands. The last day of the trip is spent in Miami preparing specimens for shipment to the New England Aquarium.
Trips are open to Aquarium members 18 and older who are certified divers. This is one of the most exciting benefits of becoming an Aquarium member.
Read entries written from our most recent expedition!
Upcoming 2014 Spring Bahamas Expedition
Join New England Aquarium divers on a Bahamian adventure! The trip:
- March 22 - March 30, 2014
- Goes to Bimini and the Berry Islands
- Includes accommodations aboard the R/V Coral Reef II, up to five dives per day (weights and tanks provided)
- Includes membership at the Aquarium and a rare opportunity to dive in the Giant Ocean Tank
- Includes professionally-prepared meals and beverages, plus beer and wine
- Costs approximately $3500.00 per person
- Contact Barbara Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-226-2188). Please reserve early as space is limited
Photos courtesy of Mark Rosenstein, past trip participant