These group activities can be used before or after an Aquarium field trip, or can be used on their own. We also offer teacher guides with more integrated suggestions on instruction and activities. In addition, Aquarium educators can run classroom programs at your school or during a field trip.
Some group activities available include
- Get to know a fish
- Concept webs for the components of a coastline
- Invent an invertebrate
- Let's learn about fish
- A frog's life story
- Concept learning
- Frog-friendly habitats
The Penguin teachers guide has a number of penguin activities suitable for the classroom, including
- Penguin question and answer worksheets (pdf, 28kb)
- Penguin word search (pdf, 26kb)
- Penguin bingo (pdf, 62kb)
- Penguin adaptations - worksheet and teacher key (pdf, 257kb)
- More penguin activity ideas
Some of the activities we recommend for parents and kids at home also work well as classroom activities.