To make the most of your field trip and reinforce what your students will learn, there are connected activities you can do before, during and after the field trip.
Pre- and Post-Field Trip Activities
- Share this fun and engaging field trip orientation video with students and chaperones.
- Choose some classroom activities.
- Try a teacher guide for a more comprehensive look at an animal or topic.
- Borrow an educational film or activity kit from our Teacher Resource Center.
- Check out one of our online games.
- Have Aquarium educators come to your school for a program.
- Get parents involved by suggesting activities for students to do at home; these activities can also be easily adapted for the classroom.
Activities During the Field Trip
Activities during the trip can help kids focus on what's important — and remember what they see. We recommend:
- Aquarium programs
We offer classroom-style programs on various topics as well as behind-the-scenes tours.
- We have scavenger hunts to help students focus on what's important and interesting during their Aquarium field trip.
- IMAX films for field trips
You can attend a regularly scheduled showing or ask for a film from our library for a 9 a.m. show.
- Whale watch for field trips