Imagine what it takes to run the New England Aquarium. From making sure animals are healthy to inspecting tanks and introducing new animals into the exhibits, our biologists work hard every day to make sure the Aquarium runs efficiently.
Now it’s your turn to get a sneak peek into the life behind the glass. Join an educator for a personalized Behind-the-Scenes Tour of one of our many galleries. You’ll learn what the animals eat, how their tanks are maintained and many other tidbits.
- Offered for grades 3-5 and grades 6-12
- Limited to 10 people per tour
- Can be a program for an Aquarium field trip
- Involves live animals
- Also offered for non-school groups
Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks (as a guideline)
- All levels: Skills of Inquiry, Data analysis, statistics and probability, Materials and tools, Engineering design
- Grades 3-5: Characteristics of plants and animals, Adaptations of living things, Energy and living things
- Grades 6-12: Classification of organisms, Reproduction and heredity, Evolution and biodiversity, Living things and their environment, Changes in ecosystems over time, Ecology