Explorer Classes focus on a wide variety of topics, including marine mammals, sharks, tidepool animals or penguins. Most of these classes can also come to your school as classroom programs. Other field trip programs include behind-the-scenes tours and the Simons IMAX Theatre.
- Group size is 10-30 people.
- Classes are offered for $7 per student in addition to Aquarium admission, 10 student minimum.
- Each class lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to ensure your group will have enough time to finish the program. If you are going to be late, please call Central Reservations and we will try to accommodate you.
- Classes are held in the Harborside Learning Lab on the first floor of the Harbor Garage next to the Aquarium and Simons IMAX Theatre.
Visit our full program class to learn more.
- Sharks (grades 3 - 6)
- Go Fish! (grades 3 - 8)
- Penguins (grades 1 - 5)
- Tidepools for Tots (18 months old to 3 years)
- Tidepools Alive! (3 years old to grade 1)
- Tidepool Adaptations (grades 2 - 6)
- Intertidal Ecology (grades 6-12)
- Dockside Explorers (grades 3 - 12)
- Turtle Trek (Ages 3 through K)
- Water Properties (grades 2-5)
- H2O (grades 6 - 12)
- Squid: Inside and Out (grades 5-12)