We offer an array of professional development opportunities to teachers, including:
- Field trip preparation workshop
- Custom-designed in-service training
- Events and conferences for teachers
- One-on-one consultations with the Teacher Resource Center staff
All Aquarium professional development programs require preregistration. Please contact the Teacher Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-973-6590.
Professional Development Points or graduate credits for select programs. Certificates of completion are available for shorter programs.
- Provide content enrichment for teachers
- Model science inquiry method with carefully selected, engaging activities
- Clarify links to national, state and other required education standards
- Foster interdisciplinary connections
- Facilitate utilization of Aquarium and Teacher Resource Center (TRC) resources
- Establish relationships with TRC staff for ongoing consultation and support of teachers