Students discover how coastal animals have adapted to life in their environments as they examine three different shoreline habitats as well as live animals. Program can take place at the Aquarium or at your school or community center.
- Offered for grade 2, grades 3-5 and grade 6
- For PreK through grade 1, book Tidepools Alive!
- For ages 18 months to 3 years, book Tidepools for Tots.
- Offered as a classroom program, $400 for up to three sessions, $75 per additional session, plus mileage and booking fees.
- Offered as an Explorer Class for Aquarium field trips
- Involves live animals
Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks (as a guideline)
- All levels: Skills of Inquiry
- Grades 2-5: Characteristics of plants and animals; adaptations of living things; energy and living things
- Grades 6-12: Classification of organisms; reproduction and heredity; evolution and biodiversity; living things and their environment; changes in ecosystems over time; ecology