New! Teacher Pass Program
Our Teacher Pass Program aims to increase accessibility to the Aquarium for all New England teachers. Participants in the program will enjoy free admission, discounts and much more!
Who is Eligible?
- K-12 teachers and school administrators currently employed in a New England school system
What are the benefits?
- Free Aquarium admission when you present your Teacher Pass card and photo ID
- Discounted IMAX admission
- 10% off memberships
- 10% discount at the Gift Shop
- 10% discount in Harbor View Café
- Free access to the Teacher Resource Center by appointment—consultations, resource library, field trip planning and curriculum
- Special school group rate for you and 10 students or more to the Aquarium and IMAX (advanced registration required)
- Monthly e-newsletters (September - June) featuring information about Aquarium programming for schools and teachers, special events, contests, activities for students and funding opportunities
- Invitations to special events, IMAX educator previews and teacher workshops
How to Apply
Use this form to apply for the Teacher Pass Program. The application will ask for information that will help us verify your school so we can send you a pass. Applications received before March 13 will receive a pass in April. After March 13, passes will be mailed out on a rolling basis.
While Your Application is Processing
If you are a Massachusetts teacher, you can receive free admission to the Aquarium by presenting acceptable proof at the Aquarium. Proof includes a current school year Massachusetts Teacher Association (MTA) card, Boston Teachers Union (BTU) card or a letter from the school principal (on letterhead). Valid photo ID is required with these teacher ID cards.
New England Teachers (outside of Massachusetts)
All other New England teachers will need to wait for April to receive the Teacher Pass card before accessing benefits.
Teachers with a Booked Field Trip to the Aquarium
If you are bringing a class to visit the New England Aquarium and want to plan your visit, please present your field trip confirmation letter at the Aquarium Box Office to receive free admission. In each case, the teacher should also present a valid photo ID such as a state-issued driver's license.
Contact us at email@example.com or 617-973-6590.