Discounts Only for Teachers
We offer a variety of benefits for teachers. All Massachusetts K-12 school teachers, with proof of current classroom employment, may be admitted free of charge. Acceptable proof will include a current Massachusetts Teacher Association (MTA) card, Boston Teachers Union (BTU) card or a letter from the school principal (on letterhead). Valid photo ID is required with these Teacher ID cards. Teacher ID cards need to be dated the current year. If not, teachers need to bring a current paystub.
If you are bringing a class to visit the New England Aquarium and want to plan your visit, please show your field trip confirmation letter to receive free admission to the Aquarium. In each case, the teacher should also present a valid photo ID such as a Massachusetts driver's license.
- 10% discount at the Aquarium gift shop with a valid teacher ID
- 10% discount on Aquarium family memberships
- Access to thousands of resources for loan to educators from the Teacher Resource Center
- Professional development help including teacher workshops, custom-designed in-service training, guided teacher tours and special events and conferences
- Curriculum and activities support including field trip planning, classroom resources, school programs and curricula that are aligned with Massachusetts Curriculum Standards guidelines
- Free consultation, by advanced appointment, in our Teacher Resources Center. Our staff will help you plan lessons to meet your needs. They will help you make use of our library of resources that includes thousands of books, videos, curriculum kits, posters, biofacts and more.
For your convenience, a description of teacher discounts and benefits are also included in the Schooling teachers guide (pdf 979 KB).