If you are interested in applying for an internship with the Aquarium, please submit one (1) copy of the following in your application. All materials must be submitted together in one packet. Materials not submitted with the original packet may not be reviewed.
- Cover Letter: Please tell us about your career goals and what you want to gain from your internship, as well as your qualifications for the position(s). You may apply for up to THREE (3) positions (please list them in order of preference).
- Current Resume
- References: Contact information for two academic, student leadership, or professional references
- College Transcript: An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Questionnaire: Please download the form.
Send your application to:
Volunteer Programs and Internships Office
New England Aquarium
Boston, MA 02110-3108
We will begin reviewing applications after the listed deadline. However, we will still consider applications on a rolling basis following the deadlines when spaces are available.
- The deadline for Fall internships is June 1.
- The deadline for Spring internships is November 1.
- The deadline for Summer internships is January 31.
- The deadline for January term internships is October 16.
The Decision Process
You will receive an email confirmation of our receipt of your application materials. We regret that we are unable to respond to status inquiries over the phone. Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled, but we will begin reviewing applications immediately after the priority deadline. If selected, candidates will be invited for interviews with representatives from the Volunteer Programs and Internships Office, followed by a second interview with the department(s) applied to.
For More Information
If you have any questions about our internship program, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions. Please call Volunteer Programs and Internships Office at (617) 973-5235 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance.