Ages 12 to 24 months
Sea Squirts Preview
Specially designed for our youngest learners, the Sea Squirts Preview program is a great introduction to our Sea Squirts classes, which is for children 2 to 4 years old! Over the course of four weeks, your child will become more comfortable in our classroom setting and you will become more confident exploring the Aquarium with your children outside of class time.
Classes take place Mondays at 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 2:30 p.m. Register online for these programs by selecting the date of the session you wish to attend. A minimum of five (5) children participants will be required to run a session.
Sea Squirts Preview
Session A: January 22, 29, February 5, 12
Session B: February 26, March 5, 19, 26
Session C: April 9, 23, 30, May 7
Session A: May 14, 21, June 4, 11
Session B: September 10, 17, 24, October 1
Session C: October 15, 22, 29, November 5
Session A: November 19, 26, December 3, 10
There is a fee of $60 for members and $105 for nonmembers for the series of four classes. Adults are included in the cost. Aquarium admission is included in the cost for nonmembers. A $2 service fee will be added to each ticket for nonmembers.
To reserve your space, call Central Reservations at 617-973-5206. Payment is due upon registration. Space is limited. Advance registration is required. A $2 service fee will be added to each ticket.
Ages 2 to 4 years old
Continue your youngster’s ocean education with Sea Squirts classes, which introduce your child to the wonders of the aquatic world while focusing on their developing motor and language skills, socialization skills, and encouraging the development of early science skills such as observation and exploration. Sea Squirts is a four-week class for children who are 2 to 4 years old.
Click the button for the series you’d like to attend, then select the day and time that works for you.
Classes meet on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays at 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 2:30 p.m.
Please note, class availability is subject to change based on interest and enrollment.
Program Dates and Topics
Colder Climates — New!
Find out how animals stay warm when it’s cold outside.
- Tuesdays: January 9, 16, 23, 30
- Wednesdays: January 10, 17, 24, 31
- Thursdays: January 11, 18, 25, February 1
- Sundays: January 14, 21, 28, February 4
Learn about whales, sharks, sea turtles, and octopuses as we discover the giants of the sea.
- Tuesdays: February 6, 13, 27, March 6
- Wednesdays: February 7, 14, 28, March 7
- Thursdays: February 8, 15, March 1, 8
- Sundays: February 11, 25, March 4, 11
Explore the Amazon and its fascinating freshwater species like anacondas, piranhas, electric eels, and more.
- Tuesdays: March 20, 27, April 3, 10
- Wednesdays: March 21, 28, April 4, 11
- Thursdays: March 22, 29, April 5, 12
- Sundays: March 18, 25, April 8, 22
Being small in the big ocean isn’t easy. Learn how these little critters grow to be adults!
- Tuesdays: April 24, May 1, 8, 15
- Wednesdays: April 25, May 2, 9, 16
- Thursdays: April 26, May 3, 10, 17
- Sundays: April 29, May 6, 13, 20
Masters of Disguise
Investigate and learn how animals use different types of camouflage to hide.
- Tuesdays: May 22, 29, June 5, 12
- Wednesdays: May 23, 30, June 6, 13
- Thursdays: May 24, 31, June 7, 14
- Sundays: June 3, 10, 17, 24
Can you swim like a fish? Walk like a crab? Dig like a clam? Float like a jelly?
- Tuesdays: September 11, 18, 25, October 2
- Wednesdays: September 12, 19, 26, October 3
- Thursdays: September 13, 20, 27, October 4
- Sundays: September 16, 23, 30, October 7
Come along as we explore the ocean by boat, plane, submarine, and scuba gear!
- Tuesdays: October 9, 16, 23, 30
- Wednesdays: October 10, 17, 24, 31
- Thursdays: October 11, 18, 25, November 1
- Sundays: October 14, 21, 28, November 4
Wicked Local Critters—New!
Lobsters, horseshoe crabs, and whales— oh my! Learn about the fascinating animals that call New England home.
- Tuesdays: November 6, 13, 27, December 4
- Wednesdays: November 7, 14, 28, December 5
- Thursdays: November 8, 15, 29, December 6
- Sundays: November 11, 18, December 2, 9
Each series consists of four weekly classes. There is a fee of $60 for members and $105 for nonmembers for each series of four classes. Adults are included in the session cost of each child. Aquarium admission is included in the cost for nonmembers as classes end in the Aquarium. A $2 service fee will be added to each ticket for nonmembers.
For 8 years old and older
For students entering fourth grade and above, Harbor Discoveries is an interactive marine and environmental science program that incorporates traditional camp activities. Nature serves as our outdoor classroom as we travel to explore aquatic environments.
We offer a variety of educational, volunteer, and paid opportunities for teens ages 13 through 19. Programs happen throughout the year.
Programs for Teens
Advanced Summer Camp
Harbor Discoveries Advanced Camps are for those entering eighth and ninth grade in the fall of 2017. Incoming 10th-graders are also eligible for special two-week programs.
ClimaTeens is a group of dedicated teens ages 14 to 18 who care about the oceans and who want to contribute to a healthy planet.
live blue™ Ambassadors
The live blue™ Ambassador program is a service learning program for teens ages 14 to 18 who are interested in serving the Aquarium’s mission beyond the walls of the Aquarium.
Marine Biologists in Training
There are two sessions of Marine Biologists in Training (MBIT), one in the spring and one in the fall, which explore marine science topics for teens in grades 9 to 11.
The Summer Teen Internship Program is a great opportunity for teens to challenge themselves and learn useful skills while having fun and meeting new friends.
The Aquarium provides professional resources, volunteer, and leadership opportunities and reflection practices to help young adults who participated in our programs.