ClimaTeens is a group of dedicated 14 – 18 year-olds who care about the oceans and who want to contribute to a healthy future. Teens in the program arrive with various levels of knowledge about climate change, but they are united by a desire to learn more about it as an issue of concern and are committed to learning ways to engage public audiences, particularly their peers.
Who should become a ClimaTeen?
This program is by invitation only; there is no fee for accepted applicants.
We invite teens who are:
- concerned about ocean and climate issues and wants to help develop solutions to prevent harmful impacts
- excited about learning and wants to contribute toward a group learning process
- motivated and will work independently when asked
- ready to read about oceans and climate issues
- will support goals developed by the group and will act as an active participant looking forward to connecting with other teens who are passionate about protecting the ocean familiar with the Aquarium’s teen programming
The application is available by invitation starting in August and is due in September. Twice-monthly meetings run from October through June. There are occasional meetings and activities during summertime months. You must be able to attend 75 percent of the meetings to remain in the group. This group is like a club or educational course so no volunteer hours will be awarded to participants.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about ClimaTeens. We especially welcome your thoughts and feedback on ClimaTeens presentations!
Want to contribute your ideas to help the City of Boston build its climate action plan? Join the conversation and share your ideas on the Greenovate Boston website.