Each year, we are pleased to offer free admission to Massachusetts children in grades K-12 from schools.
To be eligible, schools must meet the criteria for financial need, which is determined by the percentage of students in the school who are eligible for the Community Eligibility Provision.
- Open to K–12 schools in Massachusetts (PreK, daycare, and early learning centers do not qualify.)
- K–12 schools that are a part of the Community Eligibility Provision, designated by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Free to Learn visits to the Aquarium
- Visits must take place September through February.
- Visits must occur Monday to Thursday.
- Schools must arrive between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Weekends, vacation periods and Fridays are unavailable, and other blackout dates may apply
Free to Learn applications
Applications for the 2017–2018 school year are open until April 30.
Here is some important information about applications:
- Applicant will be required to be the lead chaperone.
- Each applicant can apply for up to 100 tickets.
- There is no limit to the number of applications from each school.
- Applicants must attend a Field Trip Preparation workshop every three school years* in order to redeem tickets.
- Result letters are emailed in late May, early June.
After-school programs and Community Organizations
After-school programs and other community programs are not eligible for the Free to Learn Program. Free admission is offered to many children from Boston community-based organizations. Learn more about free admission for community groups.
For questions or more information about Free to Learn for your school group, please contact the Teacher Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Teacher Resource Center at 617-973-6590. If you have been accepted to this program, you can call our Reservations Department at 617-973-5206 to book your Free to Learn field trip.
Made possible by:
People’s United Bank
TJK Companies, INC
The Abbot and Dorothy H. Stevens Foundation