Visitors using wheelchairs are welcome at the Aquarium free of charge. Virtually every part of the Aquarium is open to visitors with wheelchairs or strollers.
Strollers, but not wheelchairs, are prohibited from the West Wing.
Accessibility Features Include
- A lowered wheelchair-accessible ticket window to the far left of the ticket booth
- Elevators for wheelchairs and strollers in the main building to the right of the entrance
- An elevator for wheelchairs in the West Wing special exhibit area to the right of the entrance (strollers are not allowed in the West Wing)
- Accessible restrooms in the lobby of the West Wing on the 1st level and to the left of the elevator just outside of the Harbor View Café on the 2nd level
- Many exhibit tanks that either extend to the floor or feature eye-level viewing
- Ramps for strollers and wheelchairs in the fur seal exhibit
- A stroller check behind the Information Desk in the lobby
- Elevator access to the Harbor View Café on Level 2 of the Aquarium
- Benches conveniently located throughout the building
- Wheelchair and stroller access to the Gift Shop, located on the 1st level of the Aquarium
- 8 wheelchair spaces in the Simons IMAX® Theatre--unfortunately, strollers are not admitted to the theater but are stored in a secure area while you enjoy the film