The Aquarium is located on downtown Boston's waterfront near the Financial District, Government Center, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and the North End.
- If you are planning a visit to Boston, the Aquarium offers great lodging deals with our partner hotels. Many are located in walking distance to the Aquarium or a short cab ride away.
- When you want to stop to eat, you have many choices. In the Aquarium, the Harbor View Cafe offers burgers, pizzas, deli sandwiches, soups, salads, beverages and snacks in a kid-friendly environment.There are no reservations and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Head out on the water with a seasonal New England Aquarium Whale Watch. These three-hour excursions with our partners at Boston Harbor Cruises leave from the Aquarium's dock and take you to Stellwagen Bank, a rich feeding ground for marine animals like whales, seals, sea birds, fish and more. Buy your tickets online.
- You may also enjoy a 55-minute, historically narrated, land and water adventure with the world famous Boston Duck Tours. Now departing at the New England Aquarium starting at 4 p.m. daily.
CityPASS offers the best sightseeing value! Save 47 percent off admission to the New England Aquarium, plus four more top Boston attractions: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Museum of Science, Skywalk Observatory at Prudential Center, and Harvard Museum of Natural History OR Old State House — Boston's Revolutionary Museum. You’ll skip most ticket lines, too. Each pass is valid for nine days.
Cost: Adult $54 ($102 value), Child (3–11) $39. Purchase booklets or printable vouchers at citypass.com or at the New England Aquarium box office for the same low price.
- If you are interested in dining near the Aquarium, there are great choices right near the main building, and additional restaurants just a short walk away in Quincy Market, on the waterfront and in the North End.
- There are many Boston attractions within easy walking distance or a short subway ride away. The Freedom Trail is only a couple hundred steps away. And if you are a history buff, here's a list of amazing things that happened in Boston first!
- Boston is a great town for shopping with many districts nearby. Here's a list of the shopping destinations a short walk or subway ride away.