Come hang out with the harbor seals! Immersed in water from the waist down, you’ll interact and engage with one (or more) of the Aquarium’s playful harbor seals. Known for their chocolate brown eyes, soft fur, and curious disposition, our harbor seals are ready to play!
How it works
- Upon entering the Aquarium, you’ll be escorted behind the scenes of the Harbor Seal Exhibit where you’ll put on waterproof waders and learn how to safely interact with the seals.
- Under the guidance of a seal trainer, you’ll sit waist deep in the water on a sturdy rock platform and learn about the harbor seal’s unique characteristics and behaviors.
- Now’s your chance to interact with one of our harbor seals. Possible activities include rubbing the seal's belly, touching a flipper, feeding and maybe even kisses.
- Offered daily at 11 am, dates are subject to vary
- Lasts between 30 – 45 minutes
- $125 plus the cost of admission, and admission is required ($110 for Members)
- 2 participants, one in water and one observer
- Age limits: for ages 13 and older
- This program runs from May through October.
- Dress appropriately. Please note that you may get salt water on your clothing.
- Cameras are allowed, but they must have a wrist or neck strap to prevent being dropped into the exhibit. A professional photographer will be in the exhibit taking photographs, which will be available for purchase. Friends and family are invited to take photos from outside the exhibit.
How to Book
Reservations are required. Call 617-973-5206 and ask about the Take a Dip with the Harbor Seals program. This program is available from June through October. Thinking about visiting during the winter? Book ahead for our Meet and Greet with the Harbor Seals program, where you can meet the harbor seals without getting in the water during colder weather.