ClimaTeens is a group of dedicated teens 14 to 18 year olds who care about the oceans and want to contribute to a healthy future. Teens in the program arrive with various levels of knowledge about climate change, but they are united by a desire to learn more about it as an issue of concern and are committed to learning ways to engage public audiences, particularly their peers.
Who should become a ClimaTeen?
This program is offered to teens already involved in our programs; there is no fee for accepted applicants.
Successful ClimaTeens are:
- concerned about ocean and climate issues and want to help develop solutions to prevent harmful impacts
- excited about learning and want to contribute toward a group learning process
- motivated and will work independently when asked
- ready to read about oceans and climate issues
- will support goals developed by the group and act as an active participant looking forward to connecting with other teens who are passionate about protecting the ocean familiar with the Aquarium’s teen programming
Twice-monthly meetings run from October through June. There are occasional meetings and activities during summertime months. You must be able to attend 75 percent of the meetings to remain in the group.
Feel free to email email@example.com with questions or comments about ClimaTeens. We especially welcome your thoughts and feedback on ClimaTeens presentations!
Want to contribute your ideas to help the City of Boston build its climate action plan? Join the conversation and share your ideas on the Greenovate Boston website.