Groups of at least 10 people (6 for special needs groups) qualify for discounted group ticket prices for their Aquarium admission, IMAX tickets and whale watch. Payment policies depend on the programs booked. Tour operators should contact Central Reservations for tour pricing. Please note: Advanced reservations are required in order to receive discounted rates.
For Aquarium-Only Reservations
- No deposit is required
- Payment in full is required upon arrival at our Group Check-In booth.
Please note: If you do not provide full payment upon arrival, you will be asked to provide a valid credit card for final payment prior to entry. If you do not provide payment, your group will be refused entry to the Aquarium.
For Combination Programs (Aquarium Plus IMAX, Classroom Programs, or Whale Watch)
- A 50 % non-refundable deposit is due 30 days prior to your arrival date and the final non-refundable payment and headcount are due 1 week prior to arrival.
- The final payment will be due upon arrival based on the actual number of people in the group.
- Please note: If you do not provide full payment upon arrival, you will be asked to provide a valid credit card for final payment prior to entry. If you do not provide payment, your group will be refused entry to the Aquarium.
- The deposit will be available for use 90 days from the date of cancellation/exchange/refund request.
- If the deposit isn’t applied to a trip within 90 days, the deposit will be forfeited.
For schools that meet the specific criteria for financial need, we offer free admission to students. Find out more about the Free to Learn Free Admission Program for Schools.
Big Yellow Bus Transportation Grant Program
The Big Yellow Bus is a partnership between the Bank of America Charitable Foundation and the Massachusetts Cultural Council. It helps schools meet transportation costs for educational field trips. Applications are accepted online.