Share your birthday with us!
While the Aquarium does not have a dedicated space for your child’s birthday celebration, we do have some exciting birthday party options, including IMAX birthday parties, a self-guided group visit to the Aquarium and On-the-Road birthday parties, which come to you.
Most birthday parties are designed for kids ages 5 and up— at a minimum, the birthday child must be turning 3 regardless of the age of other participants.
IMAX parties are our most popular option:
The Simons IMAX Theatre at the New England Aquarium can make your next birthday party larger than life! Join us for an exciting IMAX presentation!
- Feature a thrilling IMAX or IMAX 3D film on New England’s largest screen
- Are for children ages 5 and older
- Can include a digital photo of the birthday child displayed on our giant screen for a $5 fee (photo must be provided three days prior to the event)
- Includes a special birthday greeting before the film for the birthday child
- Includes a small popcorn and soda at the Simons IMAX Theatre (additional charge of $1 per person for bottled water)
- Costs $10.45 – $12.45 per person, plus tax
- Must be booked in advance by contacting Angela Aronoff at 617-226-2625 or email@example.com.
Additional Add-ons for IMAX Parties
Aquarium admission for an additional $13.00 per child and $16.00 per adult.
Behind-the-scenes tours for up to 10 people ages 7 and older for an additional $20 per person (plus the cost of Aquarium admission, which is required)
Aquarium Gift Shop packages
Reservation and payment policies
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking. Final balance and headcount are due three days prior to the scheduled event. Contact Angela Aronoff at 617-226-2625 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your party. Advance notice is required.
Date and time restrictions may apply. Inquire for more details.
See below for additional birthday party options:
At the Aquarium
Additional Options Include:
Ages 3 and up
Explore our exhibits, view our daily presentations and have lunch at the Aquarium’s Harbor View Café (no private space available). Optional add-ons include: an IMAX film, behind-the-scenes tour (special restrictions apply) and movie snack packages.
Fee: $25.95 per child, $30.95 per adult (plus tax, includes lunch; members receive free admission based on membership level).
One chaperone per every 10 children receives complimentary Aquarium admission. Note additional cost for IMAX, behind-the-scenes tour and movie snack packages. Please call Angela Aronoff, 617-226-2625 or email email@example.com.
Have the Aquarium come to you!
Ages 3 to 12
We’ll come to you to throw a party your kids will never forget! The Aquarium van will arrive at your home or local community center with live tide pool animals (sea stars, mussels, urchins, crabs, scallops, clams, etc.) for a fun and engaging learning experience. Program lasts 1 hour and must be scheduled for weekends.
- Price: $400 for members, $460 for non-members, plus $1 per mile each way from the Aquarium to the party location. A $5 service fee is added per program.
- Group Size: 25 children maximum
- Space: The animals will be in four trays that are 1 foot x 2 feet. We can set up on the floor or on tables.
Please contact Student Programs at 617-226-2123 for reservations or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about On-the-Road Parties.