All members enjoy:
• express admission, every day!
• invitations to member-exclusive events
• subscription to blue, our quarterly member magazine, and SeaMail, our monthly member e-newsletter
• Aquarium admission for additional guests
• New England Aquarium Whale Watch tickets (see below)
• Harbor View Café and Gift Shop purchases
• fees at many area parking facilities
• IMAX tickets
• rates for Aquarium educational programs
• waived handling fees on all ticket purchases!
• advance registration for Harbor Discoveries Summer Camp
• opportunity to join New England Aquarium Dive Club—one of the world’s oldest, largest, and most active dive clubs!
Learn more about our membership programs.
Member discount on New England Aquarium Whale Watch trips.
As with all member benefits, the number of discounted tickets you can purchase is determined by the number of Aquarium admissions permitted by your membership level. Discounted tickets may be purchased online, by telephone or in person at the New England Aquarium Whale Watch booth.
Follow these instructions to receive your member discount on whale watch tickets:
Simply present your valid New England Aquarium membership card or purchase receipt at the New England Aquarium Whale Watch booth when you make your purchase.
Call 617-227-4321 or (toll free) 877-SEE-WHALE (877-733-9425) to purchase your tickets. Please have your membership number ready.
To take advantage of your member discount when purchasing Whale Watch tickets online, you must first set up an online account by following these steps:
- Request a new BHC online member account.
- In the Name field (upper section), type in the name or names which appear on your membership card. When asked for First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name (lower section), please use the name that appears first on your membership card.
- Please leave the Website field blank.
- You may click the USE MEMBER ADDRESS button to copy your address from the upper section of the form to the lower section.
- Enter and confirm your Email Address.
- Click CONTINUE. Your account will be created and your login information will be emailed to you within one business day.
- Once you have your BHC online member account, login using the information provided to you by BHC. You should leave the Group Sales Code blank when you sign in.
After you login, select your date and the number of tickets you wish to purchase. The system will automatically apply your discount to the more expensive tickets in your order. Tickets above the number permitted with your membership level will be reflected at the public price.
Please note: A system bug may cause a small number of members to see the non-discounted prices for the Child and Child Under 3 ticket types. In the event your discount should be applied to one of these types, the correct discounted price will be reflected in your order.
Please Note: At least one member must be present and included in the admission count. Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable, and are revocable licenses. Discounted Aquarium admission for additional guests (not to exceed the number of guests permitted by your membership level) must be purchased in person by the member for same-day use. IMAX passes are one-time use, expire on the same date as your membership, and cannot be accepted for special presentations or events. Membership benefits may not be used in conjunction with school or group trips.
College Student Discount
If you have a valid college ID, you are eligible for discounted admission to the Aquarium and the Simons IMAX Theatre.
The discount is valid for $2 off one full-priced adult Aquarium admission ticket or $2 off tickets for standard presentations at the Simons IMAX Theatre. An Aquarium/IMAX combo ticket is also available. These discounts are available when you show a valid college I.D. at the ticket counter and cannot be purchased online.
The best sightseeing value! Save 43% off admission to the New England Aquarium, plus four more top Boston attractions: Museum of Science; Skywalk Observatory at Prudential Center; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston OR Boston Harbor Cruises. You’ll skip most ticket lines, too. Each pass is valid for nine days.
Purchase booklets or printable vouchers at the link below or at the New England Aquarium box office for the same low price.
Cost Adult: $55 (a $96 value)
Child: (3–11) $42 (a $76 value)
Click here to buy a CityPASS.
All you can do for one low price. Choose from over 40 attractions, museums, tours, cruises, and more. Explore for 1, 2, 3, 5, or 7 consecutive days. Choose a 3+ day pass to include the Aquarium on your pass. The Go Card gives you the flexibility to create your own itinerary and choose the attractions you want to visit depending on your interests.
Prices vary depending on length of pass purchased.
Click here to buy a Go Boston Card.
Active-duty U.S. military personnel and their dependents receive a discount on Aquarium admission. Adults receive $10 off admission, and children receive $5 off. This discount does not apply to nondependent guests coming with military personnel. Both active-duty military personnel and their dependents need to show their military ID or military dependent card (orange) to receive the discount for themselves and their children. If the military personnel are not present, the spouse may show his or her military dependent card (orange) and a photo ID and get the discount for themselves and their children.
Our Teacher Pass Program aims to increase accessibility to the Aquarium for all New England teachers. Participants in the program will enjoy free admission, discounts, and much more! K-12 teachers and some school administrators currently employed in a New England school system can enjoy free Aquarium admission when they present a Teacher Pass card and photo ID. Sign up for your Teacher Pass.
To reserve for a large group, contact Group Reservations and learn about our discounted group ticket prices. Groups are also eligible for food discounts. We also offer bulk ticket programs for corporations, hotels, and nonprofit organizations. Both pre-purchase and consignment ticket discounts are available.
For groups of 20 or more, Aquarium packages are now also available combined with Boston Duck Tours.
Learn more about group discounts, by clicking here.
If you are visiting Boston, we have lodging deals with nearby hotels which can save you money by combining a hotel stay and Aquarium and/or IMAX admission. Click here for more information.
Visitors to the Aquarium have a number of options to make their food dollars go further. In addition to the attractive pricing at the Harbor View Café and the various options for group food packages, two local restaurants offer discounts on food and drink to Simons IMAX Theatre visitors.
Flat Black Coffee Company
Save 10% on all Flat Back Coffee Company purchases when you show your New England Aquarium or Simons IMAX Theatre ticket, or your Aquarium membership card. Flat Black Coffee Company’s newest location is across the street from the Harbor Garage, near Legal Seafoods.
Cheers Faneuil Hall
Show your Simons IMAX Theatre ticket at Cheers Faneuil Hall on the day of the film and receive 15% off your total bill. Cheers Faneuil Hall is located in Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Reservations are only available for parties of 15 or more.
Bulk Ticket and Consignment Programs
Pre-Purchase Bulk Ticket Program
The most substantial discounts are provided in the pre-purchase bulk ticket program. Clients get a discount of up to 25% off the general admission rate, depending on the number of tickets ordered.
Pre-Purchased Tickets Include:
- Express entry: no waiting in line!
A discount of approximately 15 to 25% off the general admission rate
Help from the New England Aquarium to promote this program, including brochures, signs, posters, etc. at no additional charge
- When used, tickets provide express, but not immediate entry. Visitors bypass the general ticket line. All pre-purchased tickets must be exchanged for an admission ticket at the Information Desk of the Main Aquarium Building or at the ticket booth in the Simons IMAX Theatre.
- Tickets have a one-year expiration date, from the order date, and cannot be returned for a refund at any time. Combination tickets must be used on the same day, no credit will be given for an unused portion of a ticket.
To qualify, a client must:
- Order tickets by fax or mail using the forms in the pre-purchase ticket packet (pdf)
- Refer groups of 10 or more visiting together to the Group Sales department of the New England Aquarium (617-973-5206)
Consignment Ticket Programs
- Attractive discounts are also provided in the consignment ticket program. Clients get a discount of 10 to 15% off the general admission price by generating 100 ticket sales in a 12-month period. Tickets are taken on consignment and require 25 tickets per order. There are two consignment ticket programs — corporate consignment and hotel package consignment.
- Tickets provide express, but not immediate entry; they allow visitors to bypass the general ticket line. All consignment tickets must be exchanged for an admission ticket at the Box Office on the Aquarium’s Front Plaza or at the Simons IMAX Theatre ticket booth.
To qualify, consignees must:
- Generate at least 100 ticket sales in the 12-month period to continue as a consignee
- Order tickets via fax or mail using the guidelines and forms in the consignment ticket packet (pdf). All shipping costs will be charged to the consignee; options include Priority Mail for $6.95, FedEx (rates vary) or Courier for $6.95. Orders will be sent within one week
- Meet the minimum ticket order of 25 per ticket type (Aquarium only, IMAX only, or combo) and age category (adult or child)
- Refer groups of 10 or more visiting together to the Group Sales department of the Aquarium at 617-973-5206
- Promote and advertise the Aquarium and Simons IMAX Theatre in their literature and provide us with copies. The Aquarium will provide brochures, posters, and other promotional materials as well as emails with upcoming events.
- Cannot be altered in any way
- Will carry an expiration date of December 31 of the year of purchase. Tickets will be traded and the
account will be settled at the expiration time. A new supply of tickets will be sent to you
after we receive the final payment and all unsold tickets by Certified Mail or FedEx.
- Will be printed with a serial number, expiration date, manager’s signature and general
Show your MBTA Charlie Card
Taking public transportation is the ocean-friendly way to get to the Aquarium! Show your MBTA Charlie Card* and receive $2 off Aquarium admission. This offer is good for $2 off one general admission (adult, child, senior) to the Aquarium with a MBTA Charlie Card and may not be combined with other offers. *Note: this discount pertains to the plastic monthly card only.
Show your AAA card
AAA members receive $2 off Aquarium admission by presenting a valid AAA membership card at the Box Office. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or coupons and is not valid for IMAX or whale watch. The offer is valid for up to four (4) admissions per valid AAA membership card, has no cash value and is not valid for tickets purchased online.
Visitors using wheelchairs and visitors with visual impairments are welcome at the Aquarium free of charge. Guide dogs and service dogs are also welcome.