The safety and well-being of our guests, staff members, and animals is a top priority.
Please note these policies when visiting the New England Aquarium:
Any bag larger than 12 inches by 12 inches by 12 inches will not be permitted, with the exception of diaper bags and carriers for medical supplies. Bags, strollers, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection.
Firearms are not allowed on Aquarium property with the exception of law enforcement and on-duty security personnel.
The following items are not allowed:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Food, drink, and gum (prohibited in exhibit areas)
- Clothing with offensive or vulgar language
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pens and pointers
- Noise-making devices (horns, whistles, etc.)
- Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate
Prohibited behavior and code of conduct
- Distributing any literature or propaganda, soliciting for signatures and/or the selling of any goods and services is not allowed on Aquarium property unless authorized by the New England Aquarium.
- All tobacco products and e-cigarettes are prohibited on Aquarium grounds. The Aquarium is a smoke-free environment.
- Courteous behavior is expected of all guests.
- Unruly or unsafe behavior that endangers people or animals, disrupts other guests’ ability to enjoy their visit, or interferes with business operations will not be tolerated and can result in ejection without a refund and/or prosecution to the full extent of the law.*
*Such behavior includes, but is not limited to, attempting to enter the building with prohibited items listed above; smoking; offensive or disorderly conduct; throwing any object; entering or attempting to enter pools or exhibits; failure to follow the instructions of Aquarium personnel; actions that might harm or endanger people or animals; and any other conduct that is deemed inappropriate in a public setting.
Internet Site Privacy Policies