Summer is here, and there are a few spots left for summer camp at the Aquarium!
Harbor Discoveries is an interactive marine and environmental science program that incorporates traditional camp activities. Programs include behind-the-scenes activities in Aquarium galleries, excursions to Boston Harbor Islands, daily field trips to North Shore and South Shore habitats, and an overnight experience. Nature serves as our outdoor classroom as we travel to explore aquatic environments.
Camps by Age Level
Camp at the New England Aquarium is offered for Junior, Senior, and Advanced levels. The schedule is Monday through Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m and from Thursday at 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Some Advanced programs run for two weeks and feature a four-night overnight trip for the second week.
- The camp runs weekdays July 5 through August 26, 2016. Programs run for one or two weeks.
- The camp is located at Central Wharf. Please read about our parking, drop-off, and pickup policies in our FAQs.
- Campers must be entering grades 4-10 in the fall of 2016 to attend.
- Cost per session: Junior Programs and Senior Programs cost $650 for Aquarium members and $725 for non-members. Advanced Programs cost $725 for Aquarium members, $800 for non-members ($1,400/$1,500 for special two-week sessions). Short-week programs (week of July 5, 2016) are $125 less. A $2 service fee will be added to each non-member ticket. See our camp pricing and payment policies for more information.
- Please call Central Reservations at 617-973-5206 to register, or you can register online for Junior Programs, Senior Programs, or Advanced Programs. Many programs are already sold out!
- Meals and snacks are provided. See what to bring and what to leave at home in our FAQs for more information.
- Needs/merit application-based scholarships for campers are available. You can help support the Aquarium programs through financial donations to the Aquarium.
- The camp open house for registered campers is a useful orientation session.
- Too old for camp? These teen programs at the Aquarium continue youth on their ladder of learning: live blue™ Ambassadors, ages 13 – 18; Marine Biologist in Training marine science courses, grades 8 – 11; Teen Volunteer and Internship opportunities, ages 14 – 18.
For general information, please call the camp office at 617-226-2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harbor Discoveries camp complies with regulations of Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the board of health.