Summer is coming. Get ready to explore the ocean with the New England Aquarium!
Harbor Discoveries is an interactive marine and environmental science program that incorporates traditional camp activities.
Programs could include behind-the-scenes activities in Aquarium galleries, excursions to Boston Harbor Islands, an adventure on a schooner, daily field trips to North Shore and South Shore habitats, and an overnight experience. Nature serves as our outdoor classroom as we travel to explore aquatic environments.
* Members-only registrations begins January 8, 2018, at 9 a.m.
* General registration begins February 5, 2018, at 9 a.m.
* Scholarship applications are due March 2, 2018.
You may set up an account prior to registration dates to streamline the registration process. Scholarship applications are currently being accepted.
Members enjoy discounts on camps! Not a member? Become a member at neaq.org/membership to take advantage of these discounts and many more opportunities associated with Aquarium membership.
Programming schedule for 2018
Advanced and Junior programs are SOLDOUT.
Space remains for Senior programming.
JULY 9 – 13
SENIOR: Harbor Island Hopper (Grades 6-7)
ADVANCED: Coastal Zone Studies (grades 8-9)
JULY 16 – 20
SENIOR: Mysterious Ocean (Grades 6-7)
ADVANCED: Marine Science 101, Week 1 (Grades 8-10)
JUNIOR: New Balance Foundation Marine Mammal Maniacs (Grades 4-5)
ADVANCED: Marine Science 101, Week 2 (Grades 8-10)
JULY 30-AUGUST 3
JUNIOR: Fishellaneous (Grades 4-5)
ADVANCED: New Balance Foundation Marine Mammal Mentors (Grades 8-9)
SENIOR: Coastal Quest (Grades 6-7)
ADVANCED: Field Expedition, Week 1 (Grades 8-10)
SENIOR: Vibrant Vertebrates (Grades 6-7)
ADVANCED: Field Expedition, Week 2 (Grades 8-10)
JUNIOR: Tidepool Trekker (Grades 4-5)
ADVANCED: Aquarist in Training (Grades 8-9)
Camp by the numbers
Programs by Age
Juniors (campers entering grades 4 and 5)
Seniors (campers entering grades 6 and 7)
Advanced (campers entering grades 8 — 10)
A $2 service fee is added to all nonmember registrations.
*Scholarships are available. Eligibility is determined by household income.
Juniors and Seniors: 32 campers
Advanced: 10 — 12 campers
Programs are one-week day camps that include a Thursday night overnight.**
Monday–Wednesday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m.–Friday 1 p.m. (includes overnight experience)
Early drop-off beginning at 8 a.m. is available for an extra fee. This service is offered free of charge to scholarship recipients.
**Two Advanced programs are two weeks, with the second week featuring a four-night overnight trip.
- The camp runs weekdays. Programs run for one or two weeks.
- The camp is located at Central Wharf. Please read about our parking, drop-off, and pickup policies in our FAQs.
- Campers must be entering grades 4-10 in the fall of 2018 to attend.
- Needs/merit application-based scholarships for campers are available. You can help support the Aquarium programs through financial donations to the Aquarium.
- Please register online or call Central Reservations at 617-973-5206.
- Meals and snacks are provided. See what to bring and what to leave at home in our FAQs for more information.
- Too old for camp? Looking for something else to do? We offer numerous ways in which teens can get involved at the New England Aquarium. Check them out at www.neaq.org/teens.
For general information, please call the camp office at 617-226-2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harbor Discoveries camp complies with regulations of Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the board of health.