Summer is coming. Get ready to explore the ocean with the New England Aquarium!
Harbor Discoveries is an interactive marine and environmental science program that incorporates traditional camp activities. Programs could include behind-the-scenes activities in Aquarium galleries, excursions to Boston Harbor Islands, an adventure on a schooner, daily field trips to North Shore and South Shore habitats, and an overnight experience. Nature serves as our outdoor classroom as we travel to explore aquatic environments.
Registration is now open!
Members enjoy discounts on camps! Not a member? Become a member at neaq.org/membership to take advantage of these discounts and many more opportunities associated with Aquarium membership.
Camp by the numbers
Programs by Age
Juniors (campers entering grades 4 and 5)
Seniors (campers entering grades 6 and 7)
Advanced (campers entering grades 8-10)
*Scholarships are available. Eligibility is determined by household income.
A $2 service fee is added to all
Juniors and Seniors: 32 campers
Advanced: 10-20 campers
Programs are one-week day camps that include a Thursday night overnight.**
Monday-Wednesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m.-Friday 1 p.m. (including overnight experience)
Early drop-off beginning at 8 a.m.
**Two Advanced programs are two weeks, with the second week featuring a four-night overnight trip.
- The camp runs weekdays. Programs run for one or two weeks.
- The camp is located at Central Wharf. Please read about our parking, drop-off, and pickup policies in our FAQs.
- Campers must be entering grades 4-10 in the fall of 2017 to attend.
- Cost per session: Junior Programs and Senior Programs cost $650 for Aquarium members and $725 for nonmembers. Advanced Programs cost $775 for Aquarium members, $850 for nonmembers ($1,500/$1,600 or $1,600/$1,700 for special two-week sessions). A $2 service fee will be added to each nonmember ticket booked by phone. Service fee is $1.50 for online registrations. See our camp pricing and payment policies for more information.
- Needs/merit application-based scholarships for campers are available. You can help support the Aquarium programs through financial donations to the Aquarium.
- Please register online or call Central Reservations at 617-973-5206.
- Meals and snacks are provided. See what to bring and what to leave at home in our FAQs for more information.
- Too old for camp? Looking for something else to do? We offer numerous ways in which teens can get involved at the New England Aquarium. Check them out at www.neaq.org/teens.
For general information, please call the camp office at 617-226-2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harbor Discoveries camp complies with regulations of Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the board of health.