The safety and well-being of our guests, staff members, and animals is a top priority.
Please note these policies when visiting the New England Aquarium:
Shirts and shoes must be worn in the Aquarium.
Any bag larger than 12 inches by 12 inches by 12 inches will not be permitted, with the exception of diaper bags and carriers for medical supplies. Bags, strollers, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection.
In an effort to ensure that New England Aquarium maintains a safe and nonviolent environment, visitors are prohibited from bringing firearms or other weapons onto property owned or leased by the Aquarium. A license to carry a weapon does not supersede this policy. Law enforcement personnel and certain preapproved visitors (e.g., armed bodyguards) are exempt from this policy.
Weapons include, but are not limited to, firearms, knives, explosives, and other items that require a License to Carry (LTC) or Firearms Identification card (FID) in addition to any item that is deemed a potential hazard to staff or visitors.
The New England Aquarium reserves the right to search all property owned or leased by the Aquarium for the purpose of determining compliance with this policy. Anyone found to be in violation of this policy will be asked to remove the weapon from our property immediately.
The following items are not allowed:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Food, drink, and gum (prohibited in exhibit areas)
- Clothing with offensive or vulgar language
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pens and pointers
- Noise-making devices (horns, whistles, etc.)
- Tobacco products and e-cigarettes
- Selfie sticks
- Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate
Prohibited behavior and code of conduct
- Distributing any literature or propaganda, soliciting for signatures and/or the selling of any goods and services is not allowed on Aquarium property unless authorized by the New England Aquarium.
- All tobacco products and e-cigarettes are prohibited on Aquarium grounds. The Aquarium is a smoke-free environment.
- Courteous behavior is expected of all guests.
- Unruly or unsafe behavior that endangers people or animals, disrupts other guests’ ability to enjoy their visit, or interferes with business operations will not be tolerated and can result in ejection without a refund and/or prosecution to the full extent of the law.*
*Such behavior includes, but is not limited to, attempting to enter the building with prohibited items listed above; smoking; offensive or disorderly conduct; throwing any object; entering or attempting to enter pools or exhibits; failure to follow the instructions of Aquarium personnel; actions that might harm or endanger people or animals; and any other conduct that is deemed inappropriate in a public setting.
During your visit to the New England Aquarium, you may be filmed, videotaped or photographed by or on behalf of the New England Aquarium. Your admission to the Aquarium serves as permission for use of your image by the New England Aquarium.
Internet Site Privacy Policies