Visiting the Aquarium
We are excited to welcome you to the New England Aquarium! Please review the important information on this page prior to your visit.
Timed-ticketing is still in effect. For guaranteed admission, please purchase your tickets ahead of time. A limited number of tickets are available for purchase on site every day. Please note: On holidays and when schools are not in session, on-site tickets sell out early.
Face coverings are encouraged for Aquarium guests, however they are no longer required on Aquarium property.
For answers to questions you may have about your tickets or your upcoming visit, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
GENERAL POLICIES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
The New England Aquarium values diversity and inclusion in our community and institution. We respect and value our diverse visitors, staff, and volunteers and expect the same from our visitors and members. Any inappropriate language or behavior will not be tolerated, and those who violate this policy will be removed from Aquarium property with no refund and, if applicable, have membership privileges revoked.
The New England Aquarium’s General Policies and Code of Conduct were created to ensure a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for our visitors, Aquarium team members, and animals on Aquarium property. Review all policies and the full code of conduct »
THINGS TO KNOW FOR YOUR VISIT
- The Harbor View Café is open seven days a week. Visit Dining at the Aquarium for more information.
- The Gift Shop is open when the Aquarium is open.
- The stroller room is closed, but lockers are available to rent for storage of personal belongings. Please note: This means you will have to bring strollers with you as you move through the building.
- Due to timed-ticketing, we are doing everything we can to streamline entry. There might be a brief waiting period outside ahead of your timeslot while Aquarium representatives scan tickets, assess lobby capacity, and review safety measures. Please dress accordingly for weather conditions.
- For more information on how to make the most of your trip, review our Tips for Visitors page.
Review and print a map before you visit.
The Aquarium uses a timed-ticketing system. Every visitor must select a time slot when purchasing tickets. Children under three will continue to receive free entry, but they must have a ticket and reserved time slot along with their caregiver. While Aquarium tickets are non-refundable, if you are feeling unwell on the day of your visit, please call 617-973-5206 to reschedule.
Aquarium Admission and a Giant Screen Theatre Experience
Available seven days a week.
Simons Theatre only:
The Simons Theatre is open seven days a week. The first showtime is typically 20 minutes after the Aquarium opens and the last showtime is 40 minutes before the Aquarium closes.
Please note: Due to current capacity limits, Aquarium tickets are non-refundable.
Aquarium Admission and a Giant Screen Theatre Experience.
Select a date and time to purchase tickets.
Choose a film and time to purchase tickets. Please book your movie either before your Aquarium experience or after.
The first showtime is typically 20 minutes after the Aquarium opens and the last showtime is 40 minutes before the Aquarium closes.
Spend less (47% less), experience more! Save on admission to top Boston’s top attractions: New England Aquarium and Museum of Science, as well (choice of two) Franklin Park Zoo, Boston Harbor Cruises’ Historic Sightseeing Cruise, and Harvard Museum of Natural History. Visit the attractions at your own pace, in any order, over a nine-day period. Purchase CityPASS online for instant, paperless mobile delivery. Learn More »
New England Aquarium Ecoventure and Whale Watch Cruises
Join our crew of experienced naturalists and discover ocean animals right off our coast.
Barcoded Passes and Tickets
Guests that have the following pass and ticket types in hand may redeem online (click below), via phone (call 617-973-5200), or on-site at the Aquarium with a reserved time slot.
Please note: Due to timed ticketing, time slots must be reserved. We cannot guarantee entrance dates or times when redeeming on-site.
- Corporate passes that have barcodes that begin with CA or CP
- Aquarium passes that have barcodes that begin with PA
- Bulk or consignment tickets that have barcodes that begin with PT
- Tickets from Entertainment Benefits Group (formerly Tickets at Work), Groupon, Get Your Guide, Tiqets, TripAdvisor (formerly Viator), or Tripster that have barcodes that begin with PT or BC
Offers and Discounts
If you are purchasing discounted tickets (EBT/WIC, Military, Library Passes, etc.), please review specific guidelines for purchasing your tickets and reserving a time slot.
As always, we thank our members for their continued support of the Aquarium. For more information about member benefits and Aquarium entry, please visit the links below.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and animals are the New England Aquarium’s top priorities. We have adopted the recommendations of the CDC to align with their latest guidance, which we’ve followed since the start of the pandemic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation to help us maintain a safe environment!