We are sold out today, Saturday September 23rd.
The New England Aquarium offers a number of discounted admission options. Explore the list below to see if you qualify. For questions, call Reservations at 617-973-5206.
Free and Discounted Admission
AAA members receive $2 off Aquarium admission by presenting a valid AAA membership card at the Box Office. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or coupons and is not valid for movie or whale watch. The offer is valid for up to four (4) admissions per valid AAA membership card, has no cash value, and is not valid for tickets purchased online.
How To Redeem:
- Phone: Call Reservations at 617-973-5206 to purchase tickets over the phone (credit card only). Bring your tickets on the date of your visit along with your AAA Card.
- Onsite: Visit the Box Office with your AAA card to receive your discount and reserve your tickets.
Save more than 45% on admission to Boston’s top attractions: New England Aquarium and Museum of Science, as well as (choice of two) Franklin Park Zoo, Boston Harbor Cruises’ Historic Sightseeing Cruise, Harvard Museum of Natural History, and View Boston. Visit the attractions at your own pace, in any order, over a nine-day period for $79 for adults and $67 for children ages three to 11.
How To Redeem:
All you can do for one low price. Choose from over 40 local attractions, museums, tours, cruises, and more. Explore for one, two, three, five, or seven consecutive days. The Go Card gives you the flexibility to create your own itinerary and choose the attractions you want to visit depending on your interests. Prices vary depending on the length of the pass purchased.
Visit the Go City website to purchase a card.
How To Redeem:
- Onsite: Present your Go Boston pass at the Box Office to receive a digital ticket for the next available time slot.
Many Massachusetts public libraries have Aquarium coupons available for library patrons. Coupons to the Aquarium are only valid on the date printed on the coupon. Each coupon admits up to four people at a discounted ticket price of 50% off per person. The discount applies to full-price adult and child admission rates. Children under three are always free.
Call your local library to see if it participates in the program, has available coupons, and for more information. Boston Public Library coupons admit up to four people free of charge.
How To Redeem:
- Present your library coupons onsite at the Aquarium ticket booth to receive your ticket. Reservations not required. Visitors with library coupons are granted immediate entry after purchasing tickets even if the Aquarium is sold out to the general public at that time.
Show your Massachusetts EBT or WIC card plus a photo ID and receive up to four admission tickets at a discounted rate of $5 per person. Available to Massachusetts residents only and valid any day the Aquarium is open. Not valid with any other offers or discounts. Not valid for whale watches or at the Simons Theatre. The Aquarium does not process EBT transactions—cash or other payment must be provided.
How To Redeem:
- Onsite: Go to the Box Office with your EBT/WIC card to receive your discount and to reserve a timeslot. Please note: Due to limited capacity, some days, such as weekends, sell out in advance, and therefore entry is not guaranteed.
- Online: Search for available tickets here. Make a reservation for your visit and provide payment (credit card only). You will receive your tickets via email. Bring your tickets on the date of your visit along with your EBT/WIC card and a photo ID for entry to the Aquarium. Please note: Check your selected date and time carefully, as all ticket sales are final and will be honored only on the date and time noted.
Massachusetts Teacher Association or Boston Teachers Union card holders receive free Aquarium admission for themselves if they show their MTA or BTU card at the ticket booth.
Taking public transportation is the ocean-friendly way to get to the Aquarium! Show your MBTA Charlie Card* and receive $2 off Aquarium admission. This offer is good for $2 off one general admission ticket (adult, child, senior) and may not be combined with other offers.
How To Redeem:
- Phone: Call Reservations at 617-973-5206 to purchase tickets over the phone (credit card only). Bring your e-tickets along with your MBTA Charlie Card when you visit.
- Onsite: Go to the Box Office with your MBTA Charlie Card to receive your discount and reserve a timeslot.
*This discount pertains to the plastic monthly card only.
Active-duty U.S. military personnel and their dependents receive a discount on Aquarium admission. Adults receive $10 off admission, and children receive $5 off. This discount does not apply to nondependent guests accompanying military personnel. Both active-duty military personnel and their dependents need to show their military ID or military dependent card (orange/red) to receive the discount for themselves and their children. If the military personnel are not present, the spouse may show his or her military dependent card (orange/red) and a photo ID to receive the discount for themselves and their children.
U.S. military veterans receive $2 off adult or senior Aquarium admission tickets by presenting proof of veteran status such as a DD forms, an NGB form, or a veteran’s ID card.
How To Redeem:
- Phone: Call Reservations at 617-973-5206 to purchase tickets over the phone (credit card only). Bring your e-tickets and your Military ID or proof of veteran status.
- Onsite: Visit the Box Office with your Military ID or proof of veteran status to receive your discount and reserve your tickets.
The Aquarium is pleased to offer complimentary admission to employees of the participating organizations of the New England Nonprofit Arts/Cultural/Environmental Organizations reciprocity offering. The offer is valid for participating consortium employees only, you may purchase additional online tickets for guests. An employee ID is required at the scan station.
This offer cannot be combined with other offers or coupons and is not valid for movie or whale watch tickets. Please contact your human resources department to determine if your nonprofit organization is a participant of the reciprocity offering.
Guests using wheelchairs and visitors with visual impairments are welcome at the Aquarium free of charge. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defined service dogs are also welcome, but must be always under control due to the nature of the facility and the animals under our care.
Bulk Ticket and Consignment Programs
Get a discount of up to 25% off the general admission rate, depending on the number of tickets ordered, plus express entry (you get to skip the line).
- Tickets have a one-year expiration date from the order date.
- Tickets cannot be returned for a refund at any time.
- Please refer groups of 10 or more visiting together to the group sales department of the New England Aquarium at 617-973-5206.
- Combination tickets must be used on the same day, no credit will be given for an unused portion of a ticket.
- Order bulk tickets by fax or mail using the form in the pre-purchase ticket packet.
There are two consignment ticket programs—corporate consignment and hotel package consignment. Consignment clients get a discount of approximately 15 to 25% off the general admission price by generating at least 100 ticket sales in a 12-month period, with at least 25 tickets per order.
- Generate at least 100 ticket sales in the 12-month period to continue as a consignee.
- Meet the minimum ticket order of 25 per ticket type (Aquarium only, movie only, or combo) and age category (adult or child).
- Refer groups of 10 or more visiting together to the group sales department of the Aquarium at 617-973-5206.
- Order tickets via fax or mail using the guidelines and forms in the consignment ticket packet (PDF). All shipping costs will be charged to the consignee. Orders will be sent within one week.
- Provide express, but not immediate entry; they allow visitors to bypass the general ticket line.
- Cannot be altered in any way.
- Will carry an expiration date of December 31 of the year of purchase. Tickets will be traded and the account will be settled at the expiration time. A new supply of tickets will be sent to you after we receive the final payment and all unsold tickets by certified mail or FedEx.
- Will be printed with a serial number, expiration date, and general admission instructions.
Online: Make sure that you have your passes available. Redeem tickets here by selecting a date and time.
Phone: Have your pass available and call us at 617-973-5206 to make a reservation using the information on your pass. Be sure to purchase any additional tickets at this time. You will receive your tickets via email. Bring your tickets on the date of your visit and proceed to scan station.
Onsite: Go to the Box office with your passes to reserve a time slot. All cash sales need to be made onsite if purchasing any additional tickets.
Join the Aquarium Community
All members enjoy free daily admission to the Aquarium, as well as discounted Simons Theatre and Whale Watch tickets, gift shop purchases, café purchases, and more. There are a range membership options, starting at $109. Plus, your annual membership helps support our research and conservation work.