Visiting the Aquarium
We are excited to welcome you to the New England Aquarium! Please review our safety guidelines and the important information on this page prior to your visit.
The City of Boston has lifted its indoor mask mandate. Face coverings are encouraged for Aquarium guests, however they are no longer required on Aquarium property.
Timed-ticketing is still in effect. For guaranteed admission, please purchase your tickets ahead of time. A limited number of tickets are available for purchase on site every day. Please note: On holidays and when schools are not in session, on-site tickets sell out early.
THINGS TO KNOW FOR YOUR VISIT
- The Harbor View Café is open seven days a week, Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.–3 p.m., and Saturday, Sunday, and holidays and school vacation weeks (Feb. and April) from 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- The Gift Shop is open when the Aquarium is open.
- The stroller room is closed, but lockers are available to rent for storage of personal belongings. Please note: This means you will have to bring strollers with you as you move through the building.
- The Shark and Ray Touch Tank is open. Edge of the Sea touch tank is closed.
- Due to timed-ticketing and capacity limits, we are doing everything we can to streamline entry. There might be a brief waiting period outside ahead of your timeslot while Aquarium representatives scan tickets, assess lobby capacity, and review safety measures. Please dress accordingly for weather conditions.
Review and print a map before you visit.
The Aquarium uses a timed-ticketing system. Every visitor must select a time slot when purchasing tickets. Children under three will continue to receive free entry, but they must have a ticket and reserved time slot along with their caregiver. Please note: Due to current capacity limits, Aquarium tickets are non-refundable.
Aquarium Admission and a Giant Screen Theatre Experience
Available seven days a week.
Simons Theatre only:
The Simons Theatre is open seven days a week. The first showtime is typically 20 minutes after the Aquarium opens and the last showtime is 40 minutes before the Aquarium closes.
Please note: Due to current capacity limits, Aquarium tickets are non-refundable.
Aquarium Admission and a Giant Screen Theatre Experience.
Select a date and time to purchase tickets.
Choose a film and time to purchase tickets. Please book your movie either before your Aquarium experience or after.
The first showtime is typically 20 minutes after the Aquarium opens and the last showtime is 40 minutes before the Aquarium closes.
Spend less (47% less), experience more! Save on admission to top Boston’s top attractions: New England Aquarium and Museum of Science, as well (choice of two) Franklin Park Zoo, Boston Harbor Cruises’ Historic Sightseeing Cruise, and Harvard Museum of Natural History. Visit the attractions at your own pace, in any order, over a nine-day period. Purchase CityPASS online for instant, paperless mobile delivery.
New England Aquarium Whale Watch (Season begins March 19, 2022)
Join our crew of experienced naturalists and discover the world’s largest mammals, the great whales.
Purchase a New England Aquarium and Whale Watch combo ticket below then call Reservations 617-973-5200 to secure your Aquarium timed entry.
Barcoded Passes and Tickets
Guests that have the following pass and ticket types in hand may redeem online (click below), via phone (call 617-973-5200), or on-site at the Aquarium with a reserved time slot.
Please note: Due to timed ticketing, time slots must be reserved. We cannot guarantee entrance dates or times when redeeming on-site.
- Corporate passes that have barcodes that begin with CA or CP
- Aquarium passes that have barcodes that begin with PA
- Bulk or consignment tickets that have barcodes that begin with PT
- Tickets from Entertainment Benefits Group (formerly Tickets at Work), Groupon, Get Your Guide, Tiqets, TripAdvisor (formerly Viator), or Tripster that have barcodes that begin with PT or BC
Offers and Discounts
If you are purchasing discounted tickets (EBT/WIC, Military, Library Passes, etc.), please review specific guidelines for purchasing your tickets and reserving a time slot.
As always, we thank our members for their continued support of the Aquarium. For more information about member benefits and Aquarium entry, please visit the links below.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and animals are the New England Aquarium’s top priorities. We have adopted the recommendations of the CDC to align with their latest guidance, which we’ve followed since the start of the pandemic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation to help us maintain a safe environment!