On behalf of our entire Aquarium family, thank you so much for your continued support throughout these unprecedented and difficult times.
The safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and animals continue to be our top priorities. We continue to carefully monitor and comply with guidance from the CDC and follow public health guidance from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Boston.
We have transitioned to a timed ticketing system to maintain a safe number of guests inside the Aquarium at any given time per public health guidance. We strongly encourage you to book a week in advance as time slots may fill up quickly.
If you would like to visit within 48 hours of purchasing your membership, please contact our Membership Department to book your visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise, please use one of the methods outlined below.
ONLINE: Visit our tickets page to select the day and time of your visit. You will then be prompted to log-in with your email and password. If you have not created a member account yet, you may do so at this point with your Member ID.
BY PHONE: You may reserve your ticket over the phone by membership by calling 617-973-6555 or reservations by calling 617-973-5200.
Limits on reservations: In order to maintain a safe, socially distanced environment for visitors and staff and manage the flow of guests coming in to the Aquarium, we are limiting reservations to 8 tickets per transaction. All members may still access the same number of free member admissions permitted by your membership level, as well as the same number of additional discounted (10% off) guest tickets permitted per membership level each visit. If your total number of guests exceeds 8, you will need to book in multiple transactions.
KNOW BEFORE YOU VISIT
- Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
As we welcome guests back we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures to help ensure the safety of guests, employees, volunteers and, of course, our animals.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
All guests will enter through the scanning station near our doors on the plaza and must have:
- Face masks for each guest over 5 years of age.
- Timed entry tickets (on your phone or from the box office).
- Please bring your member card to receive onsite member discounts. We will not be hand stamping.
- The 2021 Whale Watch season begins on March 20.
- The Simons Theatre will be open! Learn more.
- The Café is not currently open as social distancing isn’t possible in that space.
When you next visit us on Central Wharf, your Aquarium journey will look a little different. The safety of our visitors, staff members, and animals is our number-one priority. Read more about these safety enhancements on our reopening page.
Like many zoos and Aquariums, we rely on ticket sales and other earned income, such as events, for the majority of our revenue—80% in our case. Due to the pandemic, we have been closed seven out of the past 11 months. It has been a financially challenging time, to say the least, but throughout it all, our dedicated members helped sustain our mission. With your help, in the past year:
- We continued to provide daily care for our 15,000 animals at the Aquarium,
- We admitted and cared for 569 sea turtles in our Sea Turtle Hospital (our second busiest sea turtle rescue season in more than 30 years!), and
- We conducted research on ocean animals and habitats to inform ocean management, policy, and industry practices, as well as to innovate new technologies.
While we offered membership extensions during our first closure, given the financial challenges of the past year, we are unable to offer membership extensions for our second closure. We are incredibly grateful for your support of our work to protect the blue planet, and hope that you continue enjoying being a member of the Aquarium family. We are so eager to welcome you back! Please contact us if you have any questions about your membership.